FORUMS: list search recent posts

Field Rendering - option for field ordering?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jorn Bergmans
Field Rendering - option for field ordering?
on Oct 29, 2015 at 1:53:27 pm

I work as a media manager for a company specializing in commercial content. Our deliveries are split between web content and delivery to broadcast stations.
I recently switched sets, and upgraded to a new 10.10 system running Premiere Pro and Davinci Resolve for my final exports to the broadcast stations.

I set up a project within resolve with a data to video LUT and -20 - 120 chroma safety to comply with BT.709 standards. I was hoping to export the content directly from Resolve to the required MXF XDCAMHD 50Mbit.

However, a problem arises when I export a file using the 'field rendering' option in the Delivery tab. The files were bounced by two separate stations saying the stream was encoded as Lower Field First, while the broadcast station requires them to be Upper Field First.

<b>Summary</b>
Result Failure ( Stream has 1 errors, 0 warnings )
Test Plan Commercials_HD
Errors 1
Format MXF

<b>Errors and Warnings</b>
No. 1
Description
The Scan Order was found to be: Bottom field first.
Restriction specified: Top field first.

The only option for interlaced exports seems to simply be 'Field rendering'.

My question is, is there any way for me to specify the field order in Resolve to be Top Field First for XDCAMHD exports?

Any help in setting up a render preset with these specifications would be greatly appreciated, as it saves me a workaround through AME.

Kind regards,

Jorn

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Field Rendering - option for field ordering?
on Oct 30, 2015 at 4:08:58 am

I suggest you contact Blackmagic. No HD codecs use lower first fields so this must be a bug.

Return to posts index

Jorn Bergmans
Re: Field Rendering - option for field ordering?
on Oct 30, 2015 at 3:34:37 pm

Hah, allright, thanks for the feedback. Im tempted to click the 'like' button on this, since that was exactly my assumption. I will file a bug report.

Any ideas on checks within Resolve are still welcome.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]