FORUMS: list search recent posts

Power Windows - Tracking and Strange Behavior

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Olding
Power Windows - Tracking and Strange Behavior
on Oct 27, 2015 at 1:47:43 pm

I'm having an issue doing something that I've done many times before. I have a Power Window that I'm tracking across a product. The window is for color correction on a specific area of the product. Resolve 12.0.1 tracks the window just fine but when I reach the frame where I want to pull the window out of the canvas it behaves very strangely as I attempt to reposition it. The window resizes depending on it's position in the frame. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I want to pull the window off the canvas, then when the area I want to color correct returns in another frame, bring the window back into the canvas. Could someone help shed some light on this for me?

Below is a link to a 1:30 video showing the steps from tracking to the attempted reposition.

Robert Olding
http://www.robertolding.com
Minneapolis, MN

Return to posts index

Nikola Mrdalj
Re: Power Windows - Tracking and Strange Behavior
on Oct 27, 2015 at 5:55:31 pm

i suggest using dynamic key instead of static, and putting it on output gain in key tab, rather then moving the window itself. Set to be 1.0 in the last frame (or few frames before) you want the effect to be visible, 0 where you want it invisible, and back to 1 on the first frame you want it in full effect.

Film & Adverts Colorist, Media+ Belgrade
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3829270/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Power Windows - Tracking and Strange Behavior
on Oct 29, 2015 at 3:15:36 am

This can happen if you have a keyframe in a node that also has a tracking window. The keyframe may be trying to work against the tracker.

At worst, do this: grab a still. Start a new version. Reset the node. Recreate the window again from scratch, and match the correction to the still. Track it again. Once it's tracked and the track is good, do whatever manual keyframing is necessary.

Note there are cases where keys work better than windows, some where windows work better than keys, some where windows and keys are used together, and still others where a curve might give you the same effect with less trouble. When in doubt, try several different things.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]