Resolve 12 Optimized Media Unlinked after restart

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Lalicata
Resolve 12 Optimized Media Unlinked after restart
on Oct 27, 2015 at 1:44:45 am

Posted on the Blackmagic Forum,

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=41091

but did not get any responses. Hope the Cow can help.

Hello and thanks for the help in advance.

Using Resolve 12.0.1.006 on Mac 12 core OS 10.10.3. Optimized Red Dragon 5120x2700 footage into Half Res Uncompressed 16Bit Float, using Full Premium Debayer settings. The optimized media looked identical and after some testing with our colorist, we are very impressed with getting full speed playback with this media.

Unfortunately, after shutting down and restarting the project the next day, all of the optimized media in not linking to the timeline. The files are still in the cache folder, but Resolve does not see them.

Our facility has three rooms connected to a shared storage system and a shared Resolve database. This allows us the greatest flexibility. Online a show in one room, open the project in another for grading. Very slick. I fear that this is why it is not working. We always make a custom cache path for each project, within the default cache clip location. This makes things much easier to clear space on the shared storage RAID when you have hundreds of projects in various database files.

The default cache clip is on the shared storage RAID which is connected via 10Gb ethernet using the AFP protocol. It has to be here in order for all the rooms to see the render cache. Which has worked great for the last few years. However, the optimized media is not linking as the render cache files are.

Is there any way to relink these files? A terminal line command maybe? It took 5 hours to make these media files and I don't want to do it again every time it unlinks.

FWIW, I love this new feature and the workflow we hoped to adopt by using it would be saving me from having to invest in some expensive hardware. If only it works dependably.

Thanks for your help.

Eric Lalicata
Owner
Anarchy Post
1811 Victory Blvd
Glendale, CA 91201
818-334-3300

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]