FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci Resolve Favorite Locations

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Norton
Davinci Resolve Favorite Locations
on Sep 24, 2015 at 7:27:46 am

Hi Folks,
Im looking for a time saving solution to this problem.
Every time I import an XML from Premiere into Resolve I get asked the usual questions, then I get asked to locate the missing footage. this is fine except my work folder is 6 folders deep, right at the bottom, on my user drive. it becomes irritating to do this over and over every time i open a project. any ideas?

Running Resolve 11 LITE (11.3.0Lite.004)

Greg

iMac 27" Late 2012
3.4GHz i7
32GB Memory
NVIDIA GTX 680MX 2GB

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Davinci Resolve Favorite Locations
on Sep 27, 2015 at 12:02:00 am

No, as far as I know there's no way to get the file management system within Resolve to remember a specific location, drive, or folder.

My workaround would be to NOT make your everyday working folder six layers deep. Mine is always right on top, on a dedicated external drive. At the most, I'll go two folders deep: Project -> Camera Originals, something like that.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Sep 30, 2015 at 7:19:09 pm

I used to have very specific folders mapped as my storage locations on Resolve. If you map the generic "G" as a folder, than you can't do subfolders as well, as it will tell you that it is already mapped, but you can do specific folders without the overall folder mapped. (or at least you could in V 10 and I think 11. I've since switched to just mapping the drive itself, as on Windows if you need to map a new folder, you have to relaunch the program before Resolve can see it.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Oct 10, 2015 at 3:17:20 am

Mac has a right-click "refresh"... not Windows?

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Oct 13, 2015 at 3:22:18 pm

Sadly Windows doesn't allow that. I forgot about Mac doing that. A small difference, but a bit of a pain in the butt.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Oct 14, 2015 at 6:32:08 am

Wow, I didn't know that Windows didn't have a Refresh right-click. I use that all the time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]