FORUMS: list search recent posts

DaVinci 12 - Titles, FX not showing in Toolbox

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Pullen
DaVinci 12 - Titles, FX not showing in Toolbox
on Sep 18, 2015 at 8:44:07 am

Hi, new to the forum and new to Da Vinci Resolve. Downloaded the free version yesterday and all seems good right up to the point where I went to add titles to the project. Clicked on Toolbox only to see some 'transitions list and that's it. No FX, no titles or text or font choices, just a list of transitions which didn't do anything either.
Apologies in advance if I've failed to do something obvious. I've spent last few hours checking every setting, option etc on Da Vinci but cannot get fonts/text titles or FX to display in Toolbox. I understand 12 is a full, albeit free software but I'm begining to think maybe something else has to be downloaded?
I've been using Sony products for a few years now but wanted to see how 12 compares especially as it includes some powerful colour grading features.
Just in case it's relevent; my pc is an editing setup running Windows 7 64 bit Pro with an i7 processor, 16 Gb ram, 4 Gb graphics card. Not had any previous issues with it regarding other NLE's etc.
Thanks in advance for any advice,
Andrew

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: DaVinci 12 - Titles, FX not showing in Toolbox
on Sep 18, 2015 at 4:55:13 pm

In the effects library there are title options. select, drag to the timeline and then in the inspector select the font etc.

you can also purchase fonts that are OPEN FX plugin based, like New Blue and install.
https://www.newbluefx.com/hosts/black-magic-davinci-resolve-11

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]