FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to migrate Resolve from Windows 7 to Windows 10

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael McCune
How to migrate Resolve from Windows 7 to Windows 10
on Sep 17, 2015 at 4:34:57 pm

Been running Resolve 12 wonderfully--in most respects--on Windows 7 Ultimate but may need to migrate to Windows 10 due to increasingly frequent crashes: "Resolve has stopped working."

In order to preserve projects, which files need to be copied?

Recent masking and tracking work shows ram levels (viewed using Windows Process Explorer) gradually climb with masking and tracking use in a clip (4k at proxy display resolution of 1/2 or 1/4) to use the entire 32 GB (DDR4 on a six-core i7), along with frequent spontaneous but thankfully benign crashes.

The only way I find to clear or reduce the ram usage is to close and restart Resolve.

This memory management situation can't be what the big boys encounter, me thinks.

Of course Resolve 12 config guidelines call for Windows 8.1 or later.

I only hesitate because Windows recent OSs increasingly turn a PC screen into an unavoidable shopping experience and Win10 by default allows itself to read your email and use the microphone and camera and send an unprecedented amount of personal data to their cloud mother ship to, among other things, improve targeted ads to your desktop, even outside of a browser.

But in order to preserve projects, which files need to be copied?

Or is there a smarter strategy???

Thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]