FORUMS: list search recent posts

c300 workflow for davinci resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zac Nicholson
c300 workflow for davinci resolve
on Sep 13, 2015 at 1:34:11 am

So, I'm working in Davinci Resolve 10 lite at the moment on a project edited in Adobe Premiere using non-transcoded mxfs from two c300 cameras. I used Davinci just for the color and did not transcode going in to Davinci. Was this a mistake? I am reading a lot about that but I have been able to use it relatively easily so far. I am testing exports now from Resolve to back to Premiere for finishing with audio. From what I am reading, it seems I want my output to be "individual source clips" and not a single clip. Makes sense. Not being familiar with a lot of "render to" options, I am wondering if anyone can suggest which codec I want to use. I have been trying Quicktime ProRes (HQ) and it crushes all of the data, making it far more contrasty then I intended. ProRes4444 looks much better. Should I stick with this or is one of these other options even better? Thanks a lot in advance.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: c300 workflow for davinci resolve
on Sep 14, 2015 at 1:20:10 am

There should be no difference in video levels between ProRes 422 and ProRes 444. Render out bars and a 10-step grayscale and check them on scopes. And check the difference between Video Level and Data Level.

Note that you can always finish within Resolve with audio.

Return to posts index

Zac Nicholson
on Sep 14, 2015 at 1:50:03 pm

Okay thanks Marc. I am going to try the bars and grey tonight and see how that does.

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Sep 14, 2015 at 2:25:32 pm

Workflow for C300 :

Pick up camera, open ebay, sell camera, buy Amira...done ;)

Resolve 11.3 - Smoke 2015 EXT1 - Sapphire 8
Colorist / VFX Guru / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber
https://dk.linkedin.com/in/saschahaber

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]