FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't Import Avid AAF Correctly

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Thibault
Can't Import Avid AAF Correctly
on Sep 9, 2015 at 4:39:05 pm

I exported my DNG camera original media to DNxHR HQX on an external drive with a duplicate of the DNG directories. I then AMA link to the DNxHR HQX into Media Composer 8.4.1 and then transcode those clips to DNxHR SQ which I then renamed (For example, clip BMCC_SD5_2015-04-20_1950_C0030_A01.mxf was renamed to 79A-1) and cut my sequences with. When I'm done I relinked the sequences back to the AMA linked DNxHR HQX media and then exported an AAF.

Problem is that l can't get the AAF to relink in Resolve. I changed the conform options in project settings to either search for name or path and the sequence still comes up unlinked, with either the DNxHR HQX files or the camera original DNG files. When the clips come up in the edit index they appear under 'Reel' as "Avid_MOB.01" and I can't seem to be able to relink them to anything else. Curiously, they do have the correct filename listed under 'Name.'

What am I doing wrong?

(This is kinda sorta a cross post with an issue I started in the Avid forum but certain issues were solved so that it's now a Resolve question.)

Avid Media Composer 8.4, FCP 7, cutting on an iMac Retina 5K, 27" 4Ghz iCore i7 with 32GB of RAM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]