FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble with an AAF conform in Resolve 11 - Metadata conform?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Mulcaster
Trouble with an AAF conform in Resolve 11 - Metadata conform?
on Sep 4, 2015 at 9:06:21 pm

My first post and what a corker!

So the problem is due a mistake i made creating the proxies; I shot using the black magic cinema camera and created DNX36 proxies for a cut in avid.
When I've conformed back in Resolve i realised i didn't use source clip name or timecode doh!
So when i conform the AAF Resolve only wants to point to the proxy mxfs and will either import them into the project or will not conform the edit. Its a school boy error that if i wasn't rushed i should have picked-up on - admittedly this is my first actual project using resolve and as such was using this to test the workflow and any limitations.

Now I'm an experienced Misitka user and with Mistika you have a" get out of jail free card."
And that is the .rnd files (or render scripts) - everytime that Mistika creates a render it also writes a metadata file that contains the original clip information plus any thing you've added to the clip for render i.e. colorspace conversions, resizes etc.
So that means that if i had created the proxies in Mistika i have the option to conforming to the render scripts, so even if i haven't respected the tape name, as long as i have those render scripts i can in essence conform back to my original files. So thats pretty neat.

My question is does Resolve offer something similar? In other words, does resolve create any form of metadata files that can be used in the conform to point back to the original media?

Ive since exported new proxies and have tested the AAF roundtrip so I'm looking at spending the weekend remaking my edit and eye matching the shots.
Any suggestions?
Cheers
-Mark

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Trouble with an AAF conform in Resolve 11 - Metadata conform?
on Sep 9, 2015 at 8:51:33 am

Eye-matching is the only solution I can think of. There are some mistakes from which there is no easy recovery.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]