FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting: prefix not in aaf clip/file names

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Ferguson
exporting: prefix not in aaf clip/file names
on Sep 3, 2015 at 4:16:08 pm

When I export an aaf while having the Render unique filenames checked, and use unique filename prefix checked, the resulting aaf, when imported into Avid or Premiere Pro - the clip names do not have the prefix, and therefore relink to the original media.

Resolve v 11.3.01 on Macpro v 10.10.2. Avid MC 8.2.3 on ISIS Interplay.

In Resolve I imported an aaf from Avid (the media being on a partition of our Avid ISIS). From Resolve Delivery I select the Avid AAF roundtrip set up, and as I said above, check the use unique filename prefix box. The mxf media gets written to it's own folder in the Avid MediaFiles/MXF folder AND THOSE FILES HAVE THE PREFIX IN THEIR NAMES. However when I import the aaf, the clip names in the bin do not have the prefix and relink to the original media.

Why would the Resolve render the mxf files with the correct prefixed name, but then make an aaf without the prefixed names?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: exporting: prefix not in aaf clip/file names
on Sep 4, 2015 at 12:14:28 am

Sounds like a bug. Certainly an exported picture AAF or xml in 11 point to the new files so that must be a bug in the 12beta version. Worth reporting.

Return to posts index

Jim Ferguson
Re: exporting: prefix not in aaf clip/file names
on Sep 4, 2015 at 3:54:55 pm

The timeline must have been corrupt. Creating a new timeline and exporting an aaf of that worked as usual.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]