FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panning Audio in resolve 12

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
Panning Audio in resolve 12
on Sep 2, 2015 at 1:44:04 am

Coming from a FCP 7 background, where there weren't any different types of audio tracks, this whole premiere-like audio setup is a bit foreign. In 7, a channel was a channel and a track was always a single channel. Never some bizarre stereo mono mix or adaptive tracks that can have 16 channels in them. If your timeline was stereo you could always pan a single channel audio clip left or right. But I'm finding a single channel clip is mono and won't pan at all. So far the only type of clip I've been able to pan is a stereo clip. That's generally the only type of clip you WOULDN't want to pan. It's stereo. If you wanted to pan a stereo clip it should just reverse stereo.

But anyway, how can I pan a single channel clip in the timeline. Is this a bug or something? Seems like something is definitely screwy. Single channel clip. Pan control. Nothing happens. Tried every type of track, stereo or otherwise. A single channel clip won't pan left or right.

Return to posts index

Melody Tash
Re: Panning Audio in resolve 12
on Sep 30, 2015 at 6:08:37 pm

You'll need to make these changes in the media window, not the edit window. I was having the same issue because I was trying to make changes while in the edit window. Page 468 of the September 2015 manual also talks more about it. Good luck!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 30, 2015 at 7:30:53 pm

Obviously you can't animate a pan in the media window. My problem is that only s stereo clip will pan in a stereo track. I've read the manual on it and honestly it doesn't seem to correlate. It's definitively not intuitive. I'll have to revisit it on another project. Resolve was pretty backward on some simple things so I had to do the project in X.

Return to posts index

Melody Tash
on Sep 30, 2015 at 7:47:13 pm

Yes, audio is not intuitive so far...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]