FORUMS: list search recent posts

Source timecode with Dailies?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Crooks
Source timecode with Dailies?
on Aug 20, 2015 at 7:42:57 pm

Simple question from a simple man, am using Davinci Resolve 12 Lite to transcode Arri Amira 2K footage (Prores 4444) to Prores 422 Proxy files for cutting. When I do this I seem to lose the source time code from the file and its making editorial (me) cry. Where can I find the settings to include source timecode? The delivery settings in 12 (Lite) seem very basic (no advanced options) compared to previous builds. Thank you so much in advance!
Josh

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Source timecode with Dailies?
on Aug 21, 2015 at 5:41:31 am
Last Edited By Marc Wielage on Aug 21, 2015 at 5:53:48 am

Page 978 in the manual:

Selecting the individual source clips option sets up a render where each clip is rendered as an individual media file in whichever format you choose. The result will be a collection of as many media files as there are clips in the range you’ve selected to render.

Timecode: The timecode written to each clip is cloned from the original source media, making it easy to reconform media for projects being passed between Resolve and NLEs.

Frame Rate: If you’re rendering a project that uses mixed frame rates, rendering to source renders each clip at its own individual frame rate, to accommodate round-trip workflows.

Be sure to choose the top-most button: "Individual Source Clips." There's no way to get timeline timecode in individual source clip mode that I can see -- it has to be source timecode.

Return to posts index

Josh Crooks
Re: Source timecode with Dailies?
on Aug 21, 2015 at 8:56:00 am

Thanks for the help man, Editorial is once again running smoothly :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]