FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remote vs local grades

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tomek Dyszkiewicz
Remote vs local grades
on Aug 16, 2015 at 6:39:30 am

Hi, although I got to know Resolve quite a bit I never really took advantage of remote vs local versions and decided to finally master that part of the system.

Please correct me if I am wrong:
- local versions work ONLY within particular timeline, it is "local" for that timeline
- remote versions are grades that created in one particular timeline, can be used within another timeline AND they are used to speed up work with different parts of same video file

Just yesterday I created a thread where I asked how to get the grades when I import xml file with re-edited timeline. I was suggested to use ColorTrace function but IF I understand correctly I could convert local grades to remote grades in first (graded) version of the edit and then opening updated edit from xml, just point out to use local grades. Is that correct?

If my point is right then what is the difference between using ColorTrace and the solution above?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Remote vs local grades
on Aug 18, 2015 at 9:15:55 am

Remote grades are automatic -- ColorTrace takes effort. Where you really need ColorTrace is when the timeline is similar but then has a few (or many) changes, and you need to carry over as many color-corrections as possible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]