FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issue with Transferring XML between 2 Computers

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Hippenmeyer
Issue with Transferring XML between 2 Computers
on Aug 8, 2015 at 12:27:06 pm

Hey all.

I'm very much a dummy when it comes to Davinci Resolve...so bear with me.

I'm wrapping up my short film and my D.P. is collaborating with me on the color grade. He sent me the .XML file that stored his project on Resolve (Lite).

However, when I have tried to open the XML file, and brought in the necessary clips from my external hard drive, it shows my Premiere Pro edited timeline (close to) perfectly...but not one of his editing nodes are present. It's as if he didn't work on the piece at all (which he did).

Yes...we are working on two separate hard drives of files that were carbon copied onto separated external hard drives.

I have 32 GB ram.
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB.
A 6-core Intel Xeon.

We are both working on the same version of Resolve.

Thoughts? Comments? Any help or insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Issue with Transferring XML between 2 Computers
on Aug 9, 2015 at 1:54:06 am

If I understand you correctly, your DP has a Resolve system and you have a Resolve system. If this is the case, then he needs to export a DRP (daVinci Resolve Project) session, copy that to a drive, and then you need to import this DRP file. This is the database that holds all the color corrections, edit decisions, stills, and so on for a Resolve project. The XML only holds repositions, speed changes, limited audio changes, and edits (as far as I know).

Return to posts index

Nathan Hippenmeyer
on Aug 12, 2015 at 2:46:15 pm

He's sent me a .DRP file as well. We originally thought an XML would work kind of like how Premiere takes an XML, but that makes sense that I would need the .DRP as well to see the color edits.

However, when I open the .DRP file, nothing seems to happen. Is the order of importation:

1. Open Project
2. Import Media

...or is it vice versa? Or neither?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Aug 13, 2015 at 12:00:40 am

Bring the source files in using the Media Page, and relink to those files in the Edit Page.

Return to posts index

Tomek Dyszkiewicz
on Aug 15, 2015 at 5:41:24 pm

What does it mean "nothing seems to happen" regarding drp file?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]