FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remote Usage of Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Achim Schaefer
Remote Usage of Resolve
on Aug 4, 2015 at 5:33:06 pm

We have Resolve 11 (and 12 beta) Studio running on an HP Z840 with a K620 for GUI and a GTX980 for computing.

I'm trying to establish a remote desktop connection to our workstation so I'm able to do some basic work (e.g. pre selection and raw cut) from home or hotel room. My problem is when running Resolve thru that rdp session it says it has no GPU card for computing...

Does anyone has an idea to tell Resolve that there's GPU????

Just to prevent questions: the connection is of course thru a VPN... :)

Thanks in advance
Achim Schaefer
AS Photography

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Remote Usage of Resolve
on Aug 5, 2015 at 3:51:38 am

My understanding is that you are not using the Resolve station as a remote desktop to a more powerful system, but that the two connected systems have to be identical. So if you don't have a processing GPU in your laptop, it might not work the way you expect.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Simon Blackledge
on Aug 6, 2015 at 1:34:53 pm

So your opening a VPN connection

Then running a remote desktop to the Z840 to run Resolve ?

What application are you using to screen share?

S

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Aug 7, 2015 at 7:51:03 pm

I haven't done this for several months, but the last time i did it, i was going between my office box (HPZ820) and my laptop ZBook 15 inch. Both will run resolve as stand alone boxes without issue.

I used chrome remote desktop to remote into the office computer, and launched resolve, telling it to connect to my laptop through the remote session dialogue. I received no errors about cuda or anything like that.

The reason i switched to Chrome remote desktop years ago was i found the other vpn programs weren't always compatible with the edit programs i was using. Avid media composer would usually complain that i changed my resolution and shut down. Avid DS would lose the license to its plugins, which would ruin my renders. Chrome Remote Desktop just seems to work. I use it all the time.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Aug 9, 2015 at 11:22:57 pm

Need to use VNCViewer or other screen share apps which don't setup a new desktop.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]