FORUMS: list search recent posts

DaVinci Resolve 12 - freezes at certain timecode

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kathrine grams
DaVinci Resolve 12 - freezes at certain timecode
on Jul 28, 2015 at 3:47:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a strange problem with a project, which is really frustrating. It might be something easy to correct, but since I am fairly new in the grading world, I would be really grateful for your help!

When I have been grading before, I have been using Resolve 10 and working elsewhere. Now I am working on a project on my own computer (PC) in Resolve 12 Lite.

I manage to set up the project fine. But when I look through the offline/raw material in Edit and the cursor reaches a certain timecode (always the same) the two windows "freeze" on the current frame. After this the windows won't 'update' when I move the cursor around on the timeline. They just show the frozen still no matter what I do. I am able to access tools etc. like I normally would.

If I quit the program, I can't open it again without restarting the computer. If I go to task manager and "end program" I am able to open the program again immediately after saving.

Do you have ny idea about what the issue might be? Maybe some setting or the like that I have overlooked?

Thanks,
Katherine

Return to posts index

kathrine grams
Re: DaVinci Resolve 12 - freezes at certain timecode
on Jul 28, 2015 at 8:47:00 pm

BTW - additional information:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz (Quad core) RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB 1600MHz DIMM 240-pin Graphics card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 970 Mini-ITX - 4GB HDD: Samsung 850 EVO SSD - 250GB

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Jul 28, 2015 at 9:54:14 pm

As you may realize Resolve 12 is a BETA. So if you are new to grading I would suggest you remove 12 and install 11.

Good Fortune,
Robert

Return to posts index

kathrine grams
on Jul 29, 2015 at 8:54:16 am

Thanks. Yes, I am aware of that. Maybe a bit 'unsafe' to work in the beta version? Do you know if it's possible to save and re-open the project it in 11 (like when working from newer to older versions in Adobe programs...)?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Jul 29, 2015 at 12:35:23 am

[kathrine grams] "I manage to set up the project fine. But when I look through the offline/raw material in Edit and the cursor reaches a certain timecode (always the same) the two windows "freeze" on the current frame. After this the windows won't 'update' when I move the cursor around on the timeline."
What kind of file format are the clips? What kind of system do you have? How much RAM, what OS? Which GPUs?

I'd wonder if there may be come inherent corruption with the clips that make them unstable in some way. What's the specific timecode number that gets hit when the program crashes?

Return to posts index

kathrine grams
on Jul 29, 2015 at 9:10:40 am

Thank you for the reply!

It freezes at 01:08:35:00.

I am working with MXF-files with a Canon MPEG2 codec (1920x1080) shot on a Canon C500. Although on my mac they appear as MXF-files in Media (when I try importing the material here), whereas they appear as MPEG2-files on my PC (I have to work on this one, since my mac is too old)...Don't know if this indication is of any importance...

Regarding your other question:

OS - Operative System = Windows 7
GPU = GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 970 Mini-ITX - 4GB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]