FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic NYC seminar: Thoughts from attendees?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Dee
Blackmagic NYC seminar: Thoughts from attendees?
on Jul 23, 2015 at 12:39:53 am
Last Edited By Richard Dee on Jul 23, 2015 at 12:42:23 am

I spent the entire day at the New Yorker hotel to get a better idea of what Resolve 12 has to offer.
I was mightily impressed with all the new features, but especially the new Color science that
Applies a base grade for log (and other) footage that
Doesn't use the a LUT and the clipping that can accompany it.

Alexis van Hurkman gave two fantastic demos, one geared for the new editing feature
And one for the new color features. I intend to buy his ripple training series when
Released (and I recommend his color training handbook).

BMD has hit it out of the park. After the demise of FCP7 I was directionless as to what
Platform to go to, and I now can say that Resolve 12 is my platform of choice
And while there may be some growing pains and along the way, I feel as if
No other platform offers this level of tools from ingest to output.

I was a bit disappoint that Harbor Pictures had to cancel their demo of how they graded
several big budget features. I hope BMD can get them to do a NYC event to give the
Demo they had planned to.

I must admit I was a little unsure of BMD's business model at first when Resolve became free shortly
After I just purchased it, but after seeing their Committment and capabilities with both hardware and software, I look forward to making resolve my platform of choice and thier cameras as my first choice as well.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Blackmagic NYC seminar: Thoughts from attendees?
on Jul 23, 2015 at 2:39:48 am

I have always availed the LUT clipping by putting the LUT on the final node. So pre grading before the LUT applies. Post LUT clipping sometimes can't be fixed.

I have just managed to do a complete Resolve job with only the need to go outside for image stabilizer in Premiere. I have already done simple jobs in Resolve from start to end but always it has been an issue to get the audio out of the timeline and into Fairlight for proper sound post.

Yes very much looking forward to 12. As a finish tool it very much needs plugins like Boris Continuum so I am hoping OFX are closer to real time performance with my Titan X card.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
Re: Blackmagic NYC seminar: Thoughts from attendees?
on Jul 24, 2015 at 12:47:09 am

Impressed here as well. Might just bail the FCP X ship and avoid Premiere Pro subscription.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]