FORUMS: list search recent posts

Install CUDA toolkit

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lindsay Carter
Install CUDA toolkit
on Jul 18, 2015 at 5:12:00 am

This is confusing me so much. So I downloaded Resolve lite. Nice and easy. I know I need to install CUDA. Sounds easy enough. The interwebs says NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M works with CUDA. Seems simple enough. I should have known it wasn't that easy. The installer says my computer isn't compatible... I check the help files in the installer and it says this..
Native development using the CUDA Toolkit on x86_32 is unsupported. Deployment and execution of CUDA applications on x86_32 is still supported, but is limited to use with GeForce GPUs. To create 32-bit CUDA applications, use the cross-development capabilities of the CUDA Toolkit on x86_64.

How do I install the toolkit in 64? Am I just going crazy and missing something obvious? I really want to try out Resolve.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Return to posts index

prathvish hegde
Re: Install CUDA toolkit
on Jul 18, 2015 at 8:36:50 am

hi,
probably your mac os in running in 32 bitmode please try the commands given below:

in terminal type the below command

:*sudo nvram boot-args="arch=x86_64"

then
:*sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot 'Kernel Flags' 'arch=x86_64'

prathvish hegde
colorist
(DaVinci Resolve and 2Kplus)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRPJQ3fIEoojI3JMa4rHKb9gqq8VeIZ81

Return to posts index

prathvish hegde
on Jul 18, 2015 at 8:40:06 am

or else If you want to boot the machine in 64bits mode just one time, hold down “6″ and “4″ during system boot to load the 64 bit kernel (or hold down ’3′ and ’2′ during boot to use the 32 bit kernel)

prathvish hegde
colorist
(DaVinci Resolve and 2Kplus)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRPJQ3fIEoojI3JMa4rHKb9gqq8VeIZ81

Return to posts index

Lindsay Carter
on Jul 18, 2015 at 11:16:25 am

Thanks for the response. I booted the computer in 64 mode and tried to install. I got it working. I had to download an older version of CUDA to make it work. It seems to be running pretty smoothly now. The only issue I have now is most of my files are MTS or AVCHD and while I can edit it them and they play smoothly it won't import sound. I was hoping with a program a little more professional it would be able to handle it. I usually edit those files in Premiere or when I have a tiny bit of video I just use windows live movie maker. I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to convert the file until I needed to export it like I do in Premiere. Do you know if there is any way I could possibly get sound with these videos? or I'm just going to have to convert it to a different file type?

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Jul 19, 2015 at 4:28:01 pm

There is a checkbox in the config settings for including audio. Did you check that?

Also, on an older machine you may have stuttering in the edit window with audio enabled. Resolve's playback in the edit window is pretty bad.

And yes, not a bad idea to convert those long GOP codecs to DNXHD or ProRes for editing and then reconnect to the camera originals for coloring and deliver.

Good Fortune,
Robert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]