FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio-Routing

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Sternberger
Audio-Routing
on Jul 17, 2015 at 11:10:30 am

Hi!

I have a Master-File with 4 Audio-Tracks that I want to export from Resolve. The Timeline is set to 4 Tracks and the export ist set to 4 tracks as well. The File that is resulting after output also has 4 Audio Tracks, but all the audio is mixed to Track 1 & 2 - tracks 3 & 4 are empty...

I have no idea why this happens and I did´t find any setting to influence it....

Return to posts index

Nat Jencks
Re: Audio-Routing
on Jul 17, 2015 at 5:49:31 pm

check your audio routing in the audio mixer

Return to posts index

Eric Sternberger
on Jul 20, 2015 at 10:40:42 am

Thanks Nat, that has done the trick.

However, I find it not very intuitive, that a setting in the editing tab should influence the delivery tab.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 21, 2015 at 12:51:01 am

I would find it less intuitive to have routing on the delivery page. Long before the output I need to be able to sort routing of multiple audio mixes & stems. If that could be changed on the delivery page it might be an added bonus but I can see good reason to leave it at the front end of the process not the back.

Return to posts index

Nat Jencks
on Jul 21, 2015 at 3:20:53 am

[Eric Sternberger] "Thanks Nat, that has done the trick.
However, I find it not very intuitive, that a setting in the editing tab should influence the delivery tab."

I'm usually the first to encourage changes to make the GUI more intuitive, but in this case I think the current design with the routing in the audio mixer really does make sense.

The audio routing isn't linked to rendering, its just part of your timeline setup, and makes sense that you would look at this while cutting in your audio tracks, and looking at the audio mixer.

This determines how audio is played out while you work and screen films, not just how things are rendered at the deliver stage.

Best-
-Nat

Return to posts index

Eric Sternberger
on Jul 21, 2015 at 11:46:44 am

Well, I didn´t say I want routing in the delivery tab.

But: if I put a video with 8 Tracks of Audio in my timeline the audio mix defaults to 2 channels. It would be more convenient if it would be set to the according number. like it does with video resolution and codec...

thats all I´m saying, for me it´s not logical like that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]