Davinci Rsolve 11 power window for all nodes

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grzegorz Najder
Davinci Rsolve 11 power window for all nodes
on Jun 24, 2015 at 4:15:23 am
Last Edited By Grzegorz Najder on Jun 24, 2015 at 5:46:24 am

Hi,

I,m new here and I want to say welcome to everybody. Im working with Davinci few weeks, and stumbled upon a problem. I have footage from Premiere where is animated intro with some masks. Im trying to find solution to make power window for all grades(nodes) to not to affect the animation.

Thx for help

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Davinci Rsolve 11 power window for all nodes
on Jun 25, 2015 at 3:02:59 am

If what you are trying to describe is...

You have a timeline that you would like to apply a power grade to except for a few clips -- the exception being your animated opening that you would prefer not to affect?

One possibility would be to group the entire timeline except for those instances and then apply a post-correction. That would be valid for only the clips in the group, and would not be applied to any of the clips outside the group.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Grzegorz Najder
on Jun 25, 2015 at 10:17:09 am

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

Im want to change the opacity of all nods simultaneously (within single shot) with the help of the mask, becouse on the end and on the beginning of the shot is animation above the footage. So all gradings affect also the animation.

Many thanks,

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Jun 25, 2015 at 3:00:24 pm

Still having some difficulty visualizing your image structure... Are you superimposing the animation with a separate track/layer enabled with an alpha /mask, or do you have a single image layer with the animation already composited into the image?

jPo

Return to posts index

Grzegorz Najder
on Jun 25, 2015 at 3:03:26 pm

"single image layer with the animation already composited into the image" - thats what it is.

Thank.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Jun 26, 2015 at 2:35:26 am

There might be two approaches that would be helpful, depending on where your comfort level is with managing the 'split' process.

Perhaps the simplest to grasp would be to clone your clip onto a higher layer and use the alpha channel to mask the grading process that you would apply to the lower plate. The foreground animation would be essentially "re-keyed" back into the master clip.

The second approach might be to introduce a parallel node tree to split out the background image from the animation -- then your grades would be applied into the parallel process and the "separated" animation re-supered in the summing node.

jPo

Return to posts index

Grzegorz Najder
on Jun 26, 2015 at 5:11:48 pm

Parallel nodes solved this problem.

Many thanks for help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]