Problem with export XML from Premiere Pro CC to DaVinci Resolve 11 Lite

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Raymann
Problem with export XML from Premiere Pro CC to DaVinci Resolve 11 Lite
on Jun 6, 2015 at 5:37:23 pm
Last Edited By Richard Raymann on Jun 6, 2015 at 5:51:06 pm

Hi guys,

I try solve problem a lot of hours and I'm really frustrated of this.
When I try open XML file from premiere in Davinci, I have problem when error shows: 35 of 38 clips were not yet found.
Some Gopro or mp4 files cant be opened and I dont know why because gopro is the same format that a other gopro files and mp4 too..

error: http://postimg.org/image/3uqx26o4d/full/

Can you help me please?
Thank you

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Problem with export XML from Premiere Pro CC to DaVinci Resolve 11 Lite
on Jun 7, 2015 at 10:13:29 am
Last Edited By Marc Wielage on Jun 7, 2015 at 10:14:31 am

In worst-case scenarios (particularly with missing reel numbers or timecode issues), if you load the camera files first and then load the XMLs, Resolve will find the material and will drop it correctly into the timecode. On the rare cases where the files aren't found, you can always manually force the file to conform.

You can also try Import -> Additional clips with Loose Filename Match. In some cases, you may find that the AAF results in better results than an XML (or vice-versa). I also generally have the client give me an EDL, and even that can work if you have a very simple timeline. At the worst, it will help you locate where missing clips are.

I'm not a fan of using H.264 material for editing or color-correction in general, and my preference is to transcode this material to ProRes (or DNxHD) first, because I think it works better with Resolve.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Problem with export XML from Premiere Pro CC to DaVinci Resolve 11 Lite
on Jun 8, 2015 at 3:06:13 pm

[Marc Wielage] "I'm not a fan of using H.264 material for editing or color-correction in general, and my preference is to transcode this material to ProRes (or DNxHD) first, because I think it works better with Resolve."

I will plus-one this observation. Although some users will start feeling a pinch with storage and file-transfer rates, intra-based codecs, as opposed to Long-GOP are a lighter load in terms of CPU processing. Further, internal computational accuracy as far as frame location is concerned is not as dependent on how the predictive and bidirectional frames are interpreted. Most grade software has evolved from kernel applications that were designed to process sequential files (dpx, cin, tga, and so on) and its somewhat remarkable that mov wrappers work as well as they do. Although the prevailing attitude today is that anything and everything should work the same, every time and all the time.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]