FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci+Filmconvert: Single bright frames on export

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timm-Christian Schindel
Davinci+Filmconvert: Single bright frames on export
on Jun 1, 2015 at 9:19:45 am

Hi,

i have a documentary of 30 minutes length exported from PR to DaVinci, to apply my FilmConvert plugin to it. The Footage is ProRes 1080p25 and I used the Final Cut Pro XML export in PR to get everything into to DaVinci. All project data is stored on an USB 3 drive. The importing worked fine and FilmConvert did it's thing beautifully. However, when working through the shots i recognised, that when i clicked on one, that had the effect already on it, it took half a second to display the correct result. Meaning, that often the image was brighter at first and then it switched to how it was supposed to look. I didn't care about it, as it didn't effect my workflow much. But later, when I went over to rendering, these flashes came up in the final result. Always only one slightly brighter Frame at the beginning of some of the shots.

At first i exported ProRes as single clip, then i tried individual clips, after that TIFF, then again ProRes to my internal SSD to check, if it's somehow related to the USB 3 drive. I also cranked down the render frame rate to 2f/s. Nothing helped.

I'm deep into Adobe but I'm not much of a DaVinci professional (yet). So perhaps it's some simple tweak. I don't know.

Appreciate your help.

Timm

OS X YOSEMITE (10.10.3)
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
Prozessor 3,7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5
Memory 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphics 2x AMD FirePro D300 1024 MB

Adobe Creative Cloud 2.0.0.74
- Premiere Pro CC 8.2.0
- After Effects CC 13.2

Davinci Resolve Lite 11.3.0lite.004
- Plugin: FilmConvert Pro 2.0

Canon EOS 600D
- Walimex Pro 24mm 1.4
- Magic Lantern 2.3.600D.102
- Technicolor CineStyle

granarte.com

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
Re: Davinci+Filmconvert: Single bright frames on export
on Jun 1, 2015 at 10:00:00 pm

you could try to force filmgrain using the cpu only and see if that solves your issue.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Davinci+Filmconvert: Single bright frames on export
on Jun 4, 2015 at 4:18:56 am

Sounds to me like the OFX plug-in is getting delayed when the frame boundary is hit. I would contact Film Convert and yell at them -- this may not be a Resolve issue per se. There might be a way for them to provide an overall setting that could dial in the "frame early/frame late" number to get it correct.

I have seen other OFX plug-ins behave badly with keyframes as well, forcing me to start them earlier or later than expected in order to get the desired results. I haven't seen them totally miss a frame... yet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]