FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve and DSC OneShot Chart

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil McClure
Resolve and DSC OneShot Chart
on May 29, 2015 at 5:40:14 am

I have Resolve Lite 11.3.1 and I'm using it to match different cameras (a GH3 and C100) which it does very well. However when I look at the c100 (WDR) shot in FCPx the skin tone of the actual person lines up exactly on the skin tone indicator in the vectorscope. the One shot chart skin tones are off towards yellow. In Resolve the vectorscope shows the actual skintones off slightly towards MG and the OneShit skintones still to the left towards YL. Once I use the Resolve Chart corrector the OneShot skinniness line up along the line but the actual skin tones are way towards MG with the face looking far too red. So whats going on here..

I'm not a colorist. Resolve Chart settings are Auto source gamma, REC 709 for all with a 6500 K temp.

The OneShot chart is a Plus version i.e. glossy, however DSC says that it is compatible with Resolve 11
in Resolve the chart option is SMPTE?? OneShot

FCPx I Motion 5 I Adobe CS5 I XDCAM EX1 I http://www.mcmm.com.au

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Resolve and DSC OneShot Chart
on May 30, 2015 at 7:14:27 am

My advice would be to fix it manually. Color Match can only go so far. It does help to start with the overall balance in the ballpark before hitting the Color Match button.

Note that it is possible to manually match different cameras completely from scratch, just using the scopes and the controls available.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]