FORUMS: list search recent posts

How Resolve finds separated clips?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Namaro
How Resolve finds separated clips?
on May 10, 2015 at 2:27:25 am

Hi! I have very basic question about colorize process in DaVinci Resolve software.
I usually work in Sony Vegas. I would like to do my whole movie in Sony Vegas, then colorize it finally in DaVinci resolve. But... When I import rendered file to Resolve I will get ONE single event on my timeline. So I will not be ablo to colorize a separate events. Is it possible Resolve to know that my project file is made with plenty of selections, events, clips?

Thanks for help, guys.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: How Resolve finds separated clips?
on May 10, 2015 at 3:00:28 pm

I am not a Vegas user, so this is a more generic answer.

The workflow you are looking for would be to export an xml, aaf, or edl out of vegas..which ever it can do.

You can then load that into resolve, and point resolve to the location of your original media files. Resolve will then rebuild the edit, as best as it can into a resolve timeline.

From there you can either output your final project, or output a colour version of the show, back to Vegas for finishing.

Your second option is to bring in the final quicktime you already have, and run a scene detect on it. This will also give you individual clips on the timeline, but will not allow you to do any shot tweaks. (no trimming or adding dissolve)

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]