FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch render multiple timelines

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Christie
Batch render multiple timelines
on Apr 25, 2015 at 5:57:41 am

Hi all,

I'm using Resolve for a lot of dailies syncing. As the media is being delivered to me already sorted in to scenes, I'm setting up a timeline per scene and then rendering proxies in to individual scene folders (I run a timeline per camera roll or card usually).

Is there a way to select a number of timelines and render them all out with the same settings, preferably into sub folders with the same names as the timelines, rather than having to open every timeline and individually export every one.

As an aside, I'm also finding that if I don't select "render all" that Resolve will sometimes render all and sometimes render only a couple of clips for no apparent reason.

It's also a little annoying when you're working with many items in the render queue that you can't edit them once they've been added or choose to skip already rendered items without deleting them from the queue.

Cheers,

Daniel

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Batch render multiple timelines
on Apr 25, 2015 at 3:19:08 pm

You can actually batch render multiple timelines and multiple projects. I do dailies where each day is a different project. Within that project, each card is a different timeline. Within that project, add each timeline to your queue as you would normally. You can save your render settings for that file type and save location. You may have to manually change the location for each card to get a subfolder setup the way you want, but once you add it to the queue, it will retain that information.

If you need to jump to a different project...say you don't Saturday and Sundays cards till Monday, then you go through the same process with those days. Set up your individual timelines and add them to the queue. In the delivery page, there is a tab that will allow you to show all projects. Click this button, you you will be presented with every queue item you have worked with. Delete the ones you don't want and hit render. Resolve will automatically open the project it needs to work its way through the queue.

As for needing to delete old rendered projects, you don't need to do that if you don't want to. Resolve should tell you when you hit render that some of the items have already been rendered. It then asks you if you want to rerender, or skip them.

As well, you can always double click a queued item to call up its inpoint and outpoint, and settings...change them, and re-add to the queue, and render. Here you may want to delete the original, if it is unrendered, and you don't want two versions to get rendered. You can also select individual items in the queue and hit render, and Resolve will ignore all the other items in the queue.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]