FORUMS: list search recent posts

resolve 10 import

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Axel Verbraeken
resolve 10 import
on Apr 21, 2015 at 4:49:12 pm

Dear folks,

I started working with Da Vinci Resolve 10 but I ran into trouble very quickly. I recorded clips with my JVC GY-HM750 and with a Sony 4K Handicam. Importing those clips there was no problem with the Sony clips but the clips coming from my JVC were not recognized. I tryed in MOV and in MP4 but neither was importable.
I don't see the difference between both kind of clips but Resolve obviously does.
I fear I will have to re-render all those clips in another format. Does anyone know what 's the reason for this inconvenience and eventually how to solve it in an easy way?
Thanks for your comment.

Axel Verbraeken

Don't worry, be happy

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: resolve 10 import
on Apr 25, 2015 at 5:49:08 am

Probably you have a problem with different compression ?

See users manual about supported formats.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Resolve 11
BMC 2,5k

Return to posts index

Axel Verbraeken
on Apr 25, 2015 at 2:31:45 pm

That's probably true. JVC works with: MPEG 4 ("MPG4)" (MC) according to After Effects.
Sony on the other hand uses H.264.
H.264 is recognized by Resolve but what in the name of God is MPG4? It is packed in an "mp4" file or it uses "MPEG" (MC) and then it is packed in a "mov" file. Anyway Resolve does not import neither the mp4 neither the mov.
Do I have to re-render all those clips (oh no!) and if I have to what codec do I use to keep as much quality as possible?

Thanks for the advice.
Axel.

Don't worry, be happy

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Apr 25, 2015 at 3:08:25 pm

I would do prores or dnxhd depending on os.

You will not lose quality as it has been recorded to "bad" file in the first place.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Resolve 11
BMC 2,5k

Return to posts index

Axel Verbraeken
on Apr 25, 2015 at 5:12:54 pm

I think that's a good advice. I will inform the JVC company about this problem so they maybe can change their format for next editions.
Thanks for your reply.
Axel.

Don't worry, be happy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]