FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering different image dimensions in DaVinci Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Fratz
Rendering different image dimensions in DaVinci Resolve
on Apr 20, 2015 at 3:18:39 am

I hope someone can help me out with this.

I'm trying to render out a project that consists of clips in all kinds of sizes 1920X1080, 1440x1080, 720x480, 720x540, 1280x720...etc. This was a simple correction and all I want to do is render it out, import it into fcp and send it back to the company, but every time I render it out (I've used tons of different settings, specifically 1920x1080 and 1440x1080 the same as the fcp sequence settings) the images either come out squished or stretched. In the fcp timeline before I send to DaVinci, all the files look full screen and that's how I want to send them back.

I've recently switched to DaVinci from Apple Color, so I'm used to the work flow where I can just send my project from Color back to fcp and it automatically relinks to the sequence.

Just want to note that I have read the Resolve manual and though my answer may be in there, I haven't come across it.

I'd really like to deliver this tomorrow, so if someone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Kevin Fratz
Re: Rendering different image dimensions in DaVinci Resolve
on Apr 20, 2015 at 3:22:04 am

Also, I'm using the newest version of resolve lite, if that helps. Apple Pro Res 422HQ is the codec.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
Re: ndering different image dimensions in DaVinci Resolve
on Apr 20, 2015 at 8:28:55 am

try rendering with "disable input/edit sizing" ...

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Apr 21, 2015 at 3:56:52 am

So are you rendering individual clips with their original resolution? Because that sounds like it.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Apr 21, 2015 at 4:02:31 am

Try Image Scaling Preset: Center Crop with No Resizing, and uncheck "Match Timeline Setting" in Output Scaling Preset. All covered in the manual settings on Image Scaling.

The client can't deliver in multiple resolutions, so you could just deliver 1920x1080 to them and do the reframing during color, provided you know what to do (blow-up vs. matte). I believe you'll get better-quality repos in Resolve than you will in FCP.

Return to posts index

Kevin Fratz
on Apr 21, 2015 at 4:12:35 am

Thanks so much Marc! That makes a lot of sense and it works. Now I can finally deliver this and move on.

Thanks to everyone who responded, I appreciate the help.

Return to posts index

Kevin Fratz
on May 15, 2015 at 11:51:17 am

Also, for some reason when I render out from DaVinci, the render adds 14 frames to every shot throwing the original timeline way out of whack. Anyone else had this problem? I've seen a few cases on the net, but no solutions. I've rendered in every setting imaginable and always have the same problem. Kinda miss Apple Color, where I could do the correction and send it right back to fcp, no problems.

Anyway, if anyone could help me out, that would be awesome.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on May 15, 2015 at 1:38:19 pm

turn off your handles option in your delivery page...or perhaps you are outputting handles from FCP in the initial stage?

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]