FORUMS: list search recent posts

Same clip in timeline.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Davis
Same clip in timeline.
on Apr 12, 2015 at 11:58:17 pm

I'm not sure what this is even called but if I have a clip in a timeline; can I apply a grade to the first instance and have it be automatically applied to all instances of that same clip?

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Same clip in timeline.
on Apr 13, 2015 at 1:52:01 am

See "Using Remote Grades," pp. 777-785 in the v11 manual. I personally just grab a still and then copy the grade from that. Sometimes in context, you don't want the exact same grade, particularly if the new shots before and after it change the flow of the scene.

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on Apr 13, 2015 at 2:22:34 am

Thanks Marc. I will read up on that in the manual.

Scott Davis

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 14, 2015 at 1:05:08 am

Also in Resolve 12 they will be introducing Lightbox which lets you copy to multiples much more easily. Especially as you can use metadata filtering. I don't like having the same grade applied even to a fixed interview as light levels can change and grades often need tweaking by shot. Even reframing can alter a look especially as some lenses do not track f stops properly when zoomed in.

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on Apr 17, 2015 at 9:20:45 pm

Michael, I agree that each shot needs tweaking. I just feel it would greatly speed up my work if I could a foundation easily applied to each instance of the same clip. Like a simple levels adjustment. From there I would tweak each shot.

Scott Davis

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Apr 18, 2015 at 5:10:57 pm

The next step in grading will be a level and saturation analyse plugin, probably by Boris effects, that will probe the image at several positions and then auto-level the whole group/sequence and after that applying a preset.
The editor will divide the movie in parts and just label then, the whole grading process is done by the plugin itself, including mood changes

I am reading about carpentry...

Resolve 11.2 - Smoke 2015 EXT1SP2 - Sapphire 8
Colorist / VFX Guru / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber
https://dk.linkedin.com/in/saschahaber

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]