FORUMS: list search recent posts

Very simple question about encoding

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Steiner
Very simple question about encoding
on Apr 3, 2015 at 8:40:56 pm

I have a video track and 3 mono audio tracks (dialogue), I want to encode into an H264 AAC file for dailies.

The 3 audio tracks are dialogue so they should play in the middle, but somehow Resolve creates a single stereo track which has track 1 and 3 on the right and track 2 on the left. This makes no sense at all: some dialogue comes from the left some dialogue from the right.

I just want the dialogue mono tracks to be mixed in the middle into a single stereo or mono track. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Francois Jean
Re: Very simple question about encoding
on Apr 5, 2015 at 1:43:35 am

If it is feasible, maybe you can temporally change your clip attributes to stereo … output « dailies » , then restore to original settings.

my 2 cents

FRANCOIS

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
on Apr 9, 2015 at 5:41:17 am

in the edit room, audio mixer!

Return to posts index

Benjamin Steiner
on Apr 12, 2015 at 7:12:50 am

I have tried that already, doesn't work: A1, A2, A3, A4 are all on 1+2, meaning each of the source audio tracks should go to both channels of the output file i.e. should be panned center.

But this is not what happens, Resolves just alternates between left and right: audio track 1 goes right, audio track 2 goes left, audio track 3 goes right. By the way when I hit play in the resolve tab, the sound is correctly panned in the middle, it's just the output file which is badly encoded.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]