FORUMS: list search recent posts

XML Render Crash

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Haine
XML Render Crash
on Apr 3, 2015 at 11:30:20 am

Rendering a feature and it crashed about halfway through, before generating the XML that points towards the render files.

I'd ideally like to render just the second half of the feature, but when I do that, it makes an XML pointing to the render files for the second half of the project, and the raw media for the first half.

Is there any way around this?

CharlesHaineColorist.com

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: XML Render Crash
on Apr 3, 2015 at 1:23:03 pm

After the render, try selecting the same timeline in the edit page and export an XML from there.

Return to posts index

Charles Haine
Re: XML Render Crash
on Apr 4, 2015 at 11:56:18 am

I think you missed my problem: the render crashes about halfway through, and because of the crash, the XML points back to source clips.

I just tried rendering again last night, crashed about 6 hours in to a 9 hour render (not on the same shots, though I did check around that area to see if anything I was doing in a node would cause the crash). Restarted resolve, exported an eml, and it points to the earlier render, not last nights render.

It basically means I need the whole 9 hour render to work right in order to get a clean XML.

I suspect the crashes aren't Resolve's fault (it's a retina macbook pro, and I've had to take it to Applecare 3 times for new logicboards because of graphics issues), but it's still a bummer that there's no way to get an xml for a render if the render crashes partway through.

Something like an XML that generates along with the renders, so if the render crashes you still have part of the xml, would be great.

CharlesHaineColorist.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]