FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 11.3 won't see Hyperdeck recorded clips

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MichaelMaier
Resolve 11.3 won't see Hyperdeck recorded clips
on Apr 3, 2015 at 9:22:41 am

I finally upgraded to 11 today. I have been resisting it because every time I tried a new version in the past it caused problems and the build of Resolve 10 I was using was working great and I don't need the editing features of 11. But today I decided to install 11.3 and low and behold: PROBLEM!

I tried to import some clips and Resolve won't see my clips. Even clips recorded with Blackmagic's own Hyperdeck Shuttle. The funny thing is it will see some clips in the same hard driver and even same folder. But it's maybe like 2 or 3 clips out of hundreds I have tried importing. These were all clips that worked fine in Resolve 10 by the way. Actually all of my Resolve 10 projects are showing just black clips too, like Resolve can't get to it.

Any ideas what buggy behavior is it this time? Anybody having the same problem?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Toby Tomkins
Re: Resolve 11.3 won't see Hyperdeck recorded clips
on Apr 3, 2015 at 11:25:33 am

Have you checked to see if the media has filetype extensions? ie. .mov

Return to posts index

MichaelMaier
on Apr 3, 2015 at 12:19:44 pm

Yes, they are .mov files recorded with the Hyperdeck Shuttle. Like I said it worked fine with Resolve 10 and I would also find ironic if it would have any problems with Hyperdeck recorded media, since it's also a Blackmagic product.

Return to posts index

Toby Tomkins
on Apr 3, 2015 at 7:15:27 pm

Are the .mov's visible in finder? Make sure 'hide extension' setting is off in the file finder settings.

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Apr 4, 2015 at 12:59:29 pm

Hi, we haven't heard of others with hyper deck file issues and it looks like your issue is more related to access to drives or some other fundamental issue.
You should contact BMD support or at least detail your OS and hardware config so someone can advise.

Return to posts index

MichaelMaier
on Apr 4, 2015 at 6:40:46 pm

I can't see the clips in the resolve media browser if this is what you mean. But I see them fine in Windows Explorer.

I would like to say again that Resolve 10 has no problems with the very same files. I actually uninstalled Resolve 11 and re-installed Resolve 10 and it's now working normally again. So the problem seems to be Resolve 11. Not my system.

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Apr 9, 2015 at 8:05:36 am

Please WeTransfer a file to yourself and share the link with us.

Resolve 11.2 - Smoke 2015 EXT1SP2 - Sapphire 8
Colorist / VFX Guru / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber
https://dk.linkedin.com/in/saschahaber

Return to posts index

MichaelMaier
on Apr 12, 2015 at 8:26:37 am

Sorry but I can't share files for this project.

By the way it seems Blackmagic will announce Resolve 12 on NAB this week. LOL, I can't even get Resolve 11 to work.

Does anybody think it's going too fast and the releases are losing the relevance? It's like build releases now just with a big fanfare.

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Apr 14, 2015 at 8:04:16 am

Nope, I think it's just fine :)
Personally , i think, R11 did not bring anything useful to the editing crowd...that might change now
And no one can help you with problems we can't investigate.
But by the time you would have found a way to batch convert the files anyway , i hope.

Resolve 11.2 - Smoke 2015 EXT1SP2 - Sapphire 8
Colorist / VFX Guru / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber
https://dk.linkedin.com/in/saschahaber

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]