FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remote Versions with Consolidated Footage

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoff Windosor
Remote Versions with Consolidated Footage
on Mar 3, 2015 at 3:16:21 am

I'm doing a workflow test for a large project and can't find a way to accomplish what I'm wanting (if it exists). The project is two hours and the original source media is H.264 from DSLRS. For the offline edit, these were all transcoded to ProRes Proxy. For the online, due to the amount of footage total, that original camera media was managed (trimmed and clipped out to ProResHQ) due to practical storage size limitations (multiple hundreds of hours of source footage).

Is there any way to force Remote Versions to work within Resolve once the original media has been trimmed and clipped into smaller iterations from the original clip, either through Reel Name/Clip Name matching or other? Grouping won't work for me, because I need the first two nodes to be used for OFX effects where I want to use Node Caching (node caching doesn't work in the pre-clip or post-clip node trees). As a result, that forces me to use Clip mode for node trees. I've gone through the manual in a number of areas, and can't find a way to do this yet. Is it even possible?

Cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]