FORUMS: list search recent posts

Undos are confusing

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Clements
Undos are confusing
on Feb 10, 2015 at 9:22:57 pm

Hi,

I'm finding the way Resolve handles undos a bit confusing, even after reading about them in the manual. Are undos only isolated to one grade at a time? For example, you can't make a bunch of changes in the colour section, to your entire movie and then undo through them, right?

When I am parked on a grade and hitting undo, it will just keep going and going, not telling me when it's gone back as far as it can. What I have to do is call up the waveform and then just keep hitting undo until I see no change in the waveform. Then I redo until I see a change and then hit undo again.

Am I doing something wrong? I think Resolve may need to guide the user through undos and redos better than it does.

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

Alan Gordon
Re: Undos are confusing
on Feb 11, 2015 at 7:00:44 am

A History tool would be quite welcome indeed.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 11, 2015 at 3:30:39 pm

unless it has changed in recent versions, I believe every node has its own set of undos. So hitting undo on a shot you haven't actually tweaked in some time can become quite confusing, as you could be undoing something you did hours before.

Glenn

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Feb 11, 2015 at 11:16:35 pm

Undos in Resolve are global and sequential. Hitting undo will take you one step back, regardless where you are.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 11, 2015 at 11:25:56 pm

The terms Global and sequential confuses me.

If i have two nodes, and i change 3 things in node 1...then jump to node 2 and change 2 things, then jump back to node 1
and hit undo, it undoes (?) the last thing i did to node 1, not the last thing i did on my sequence.

This would appear to me to be un-sequential. (not sure how many words i can make up here)

Glenn

Glenn

Return to posts index

Scott Clements
on Feb 12, 2015 at 2:07:58 am

I think undos only affect the entire sequence when in Edit mode and only affect the parked-on clip in colour mode. Park on a clip in colour mode and hit undo dozens of times - it will not undo colour corrections on other shots.

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]