FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve crashes during auto-sound synch operation!

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathon Lee
Resolve crashes during auto-sound synch operation!
on Feb 9, 2015 at 9:17:53 pm

Hello,

I'm consistently having resolve crash while attempting to auto-sync with timecode and append tracks. I've tried to do this with r3d and PRHQ transcodes from the source media. If I do the auto-sync without appending it works, only with/append does Resolve crash.

The files that cause the crash seem to be the ones that add more then a total of 8 audio tracks. Sync with append seems to work if there are less then 8 tracks in total. Although I am still testing this. Not sure if this is the true pattern. Sound was recorded on location with a Sound Devices recorder, not sure which model, but it is one with the timecode option.

system:

MacPro 6,1 12-core, D700, 64gb, 10.9.5
Stornext SAN (FC)
resolve 11.2.0.034

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

thank you!

Jonathon

Return to posts index

Jonathon Lee
Re: Resolve crashes during auto-sound synch operation!
on Feb 9, 2015 at 9:20:34 pm

Just confirmed that it is NOT specifically related to 8-channels or greater. It crashed with auto-sync append with a PRHQ with 2-channels + 3-channels from the sound devices recorder. If I use auto-sync NO APPEND it works.

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Feb 11, 2015 at 11:20:18 pm

Go back to 11.1.2. Had the same problem after updating it. I reported it here couple of months ago. You can do a search for that. Apparently, fixing this is low priority for BM…

Return to posts index

Jonathon Lee
on Feb 11, 2015 at 11:49:30 pm

Thanks for responding Jake!

That would be unfortunate if they do not fix this soon. I really need Resolve to be able to do this properly again.

Best,

Jonathon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]