FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color grading disappears when I export TIFF files

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sabina Koteleki
Color grading disappears when I export TIFF files
on Feb 9, 2015 at 1:39:50 pm

Hello!

I've been grading on DaVinci Resolve 11 Lite and ran into a problem while exporting TIFF files. For some reason the grading I've done disappears completely when I export to TIFF, even though the image itself looks perfectly fine on the delivery page. (Enable flat-pass is OFF, btw.) I've tried several internet searches in hope for a solution but came up empty-handed.

These files are supposed to be handed over to the person responsible for special effects and he uses After Effects on a Windows operating system. Prores is a no-no, since he can't afford to install the codecs. I would've given him .mov-files in a DNxHD format, but that one doesn't have an option for 2K resolution.

Is there any way to solve this or should I just give him the ungraded TIFFs and grade the finished effect shots? Please excuse me if this question is stupid, I'm really new to this program and to this forum.

Sincerely,
Sabina

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: Color grading disappears when I export TIFF files
on Feb 10, 2015 at 12:53:18 pm

Are u rendering individual clips and with the same frame numbers overwriting each clip?
What happens when u render one clip as dpx? Same one as a tiff to a different folder?
What do u find?

What version, exactly, of Resolve?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]