FORUMS: list search recent posts

timecode autoconform from Media Pool

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathon Lee
timecode autoconform from Media Pool
on Feb 3, 2015 at 10:58:56 pm

Hello,

Is there a way to auto-conform clips to a timeline based on their source timecode? I'd like to align multi-cam shots across multiple tracks and export an EDL with the transcoded media. To start I was going to have each camera on it's own timeline and merge them later. The auto sound sync part went easy and perfect!

My source files are 4k r3d with dual-system sound and I'll be generating PRHQ @1080/23.

thank you!

Jonathon

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
Re: timecode autoconform from Media Pool
on Feb 4, 2015 at 12:59:34 am

1-Right click on the thumbnail in the media Pool
2-Select Clip Attributes in the dropdown menu
3-Select "Timecode"in the window that opens
4-enter starting value or offset to taste.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 4, 2015 at 2:50:33 pm

I think he is asking if he can get clips that do share timecode to automatically occupy different video tracks when the timeline is created. (Select all the clips, right click, add to current timeline, and have it "just know" that you want them stacked)

Is that the question?

(the answer would be no...there are some things we still need to do ourselves)

Glenn

Return to posts index

Jonathon Lee
on Feb 4, 2015 at 6:16:00 pm

Yes, I muddied the waters here. I didn't emphasize my primary question. Apologies for my lack of clarity. My real problem is that I would like to have a bunch of shots that were made with time-of-day TC to automatically be conformed on a timeline at their respective time codes. This can be done manually by spotting each shot to it's start time code.

I could probably do this out side of resolve by:

- loading up the clips in an NLE
- make a batch capture list of the clips
- convert into an EDL and copy/paste the in/out points' columns to the "record" in/out
- import EDL and link in resolve

but, wanting to avoid this manual process and just have Resolve auto-magically do this. I think I was able to do this in Scratch many moons ago, but it's been awhile.

Ultimately, I'm trying to find a way to speed up the grouping and syncing of multi-cam dallies that use dual-system sound. The math is simple, just perhaps not really needed or wanted by anyone but me :(

Thank you for the responses. Hopefully someone knows the trick.

- Jonathon

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Feb 4, 2015 at 9:53:13 pm

If your NLE is Avid, I'm pretty sure you can auto-sequence AMA media, which will do what your asking by camera, then AAF/EDL to resolve... I believe you can add an EDL to a new track in resolve, so you wouldn't need to auto-sequence in Avid then build a master sequence. Just build the master as you conform to resolve.

I don't think you can do this with other NLE's...

eric b johnson
online editor | colorist | workflow
http://vimeo.com/ebjohnson/colorreel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]