FORUMS: list search recent posts

davinci resolve lite - edits to a node, showing in the node preview icons, but not being displayed in the larger viewing window

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sam Smith
davinci resolve lite - edits to a node, showing in the node preview icons, but not being displayed in the larger viewing window
on Jan 25, 2015 at 3:57:45 pm

Davinci Resolve Lite, could someone explain to me how to get what is showing on the node preview icons, actually up on the viewer screen? eg. masks i have put around someones face, i can see it on the node preview icon, but not on the actually viewing window. the dots that make up the mask are not being displayed.

or, in the same way,

Why when i qualify with the magic wand, are the colours changing on the qualifying window, and in the node - greying out everything but the selected colour, but the grey and selected areas are not visible on the large viewing window?

Essentially, how do i get the large footage viewing window, to actually display the changes I am making on each node.

I thought if i just highlight the node, it should display what is going on in that node up on the larger viewing window.

it does in some sense - if there is a mask around the eyes on the highlighted node, any colour changes on the large viewing window only affect the masked eyes. but the actual dots of the mask are not there for me change?

hope this makes sense.

Return to posts index

John Tissavary
Re: davinci resolve lite - edits to a node, showing in the node preview icons, but not being displayed in the larger viewing window
on Jan 25, 2015 at 6:00:59 pm

If I'm understanding what you want... there are four ways to get what you want:

1) in the qualifier window click the magic wand icon to enable mask highlighting

2) from the menu - 'View > Highlight > Highlight'

3) keyboard shortcut Shift+h

4) From the BMD Resolve Panels, press the highlight button on the T-bar Panel (in the cluster under the t-bar), or from the contextual buttons rows when in 'Vector' mode.

BTW, these are all well described in the excellent user manual downloadable at BMDs website.

John Tissavary
colorist
The Post Collective NYC

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: davinci resolve lite - edits to a node, showing in the node preview icons, but not being displayed in the larger viewing window
on Jan 26, 2015 at 6:15:48 pm

The "Magic Wand" icon is not the same sampling tool as the one in Photoshop -- in Resolve, it is the "Highlight" toggle, which reveals the qualified area that you select with the Eyedropper in the preview pane.

On visibility: There is an option in the "View" dropdown... Window Outline... OFF/ON/Only UI which determines the Power Window extents overlaid on the preview/output monitors. Personally, I like Only UI so I can see what I'm doing but not have that annoying thing on the grade monitor.

The wand is really the "solo" mode as Alexis describes it for getting a handle on what each node might be contributing to the overall correction.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]