footage out of sinq after going back to Premiere with an XML from Davinci
on Jan 22, 2015 at 9:23:20 pm

Did my music vid edit in Premire ->
Exported an XML ->
Opened Davinci ->
Created my project as always, imported the XML ->
Made my images pretty->
Exported the colored clips with a round trip XML ->
Went back in Premiere to see a lot of the footage is out of sinq. Everything is shot in 50fps and slowed down (GH4 footage). I also tried exporting the full lenght clips and I 'Replaced Footage' (right clicking on the clip in Premiere) it's still out of sinq, but if I import it separetly it seems to work fine. However this means I have to essentially redo the entire edit.
Checked the exported and timeline framerates, it all seems fine!
The odd thing I noticed is that the exported colored clip is longer than the source and the first few frames are missing, hence it goes out of sinq.

Also when stretching the clips to their full lenght I noticed this at the end, some frames seem to be missing...

I would really appreciate any suggestions/ideas.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: footage out of sinq after going back to Premiere with an XML from Davinci
on Jan 24, 2015 at 3:14:46 pm

Not sure about others here, but if I have speed changes on a timeline I bake those into the clip before going to Resolve (providing adequate handles as well upon baking). I've seen things get squirrelly too many times when you start trying to translate speed changes from one app to another.

And yes, it's a pain in the butt. However, it's less pain that in/out points being off, things getting misrendered, or having to rebuild your edit after the fact.

Your mileage may vary....

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]