FORUMS: list search recent posts

Output from Resolve Doesn't Link or Match Scale in Premiere CS6

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Whiting
Output from Resolve Doesn't Link or Match Scale in Premiere CS6
on Jan 22, 2015 at 5:25:32 am

CC Community ~
I had a colorist friend take a crack at grading a R3D 4/5K piece I edited (w/ Premiere CS6) on the Resolve. He performed his grade gave me back an xml and graded .mov files with handles.

The first issue is the xml import into Premiere CS6 brings a file of clips the names of which don't match those of the .mov files he generated. The imported xml folder includes clips with .R3D file names, and not .MOVs, and beyond the extension, the actual file names are different.

For example - when I attempt to relink the clip: A001_C002_0101GT_001.R3D
There is no exact match and my options are:
A001_C002_0101GT_V1-001.mov
A001_C002_0101GT_V1-0057.mov
A001_C002_0101GT_V1-0159.mov
A001_C002_0101GT_V1-0160.mov

*(There is only one file with the prefix A001_C002 in the XML folder)

The second issue is that there were a lot of scale changes & repositions in my edit.

Before delivering the project to this colorist, I removed all of the keyframed CHANGES within each clip, and left each 5 & 4K clip at its lowest scale number - i.e. a shot that goes from 96(%) to 46(%), was simply left at a constant scale of '46' so he could focus on the widest view of the frame that would be seen.

However, the colored .mov files were returned with a totally different scale than the original files.

Now, when I try to manually recreate the timeline with the colored .mov files, the widest scale setting of a shot has become the equivalent of 1080 - that is a wide of "46" is now "38" (38% of 5K = 1080), and the remaining information in the frame (which allowed me to reposition a shot) has been cropped out/ does not exist.

Does anyone have any advice to offer about these issues?

Is there a definitive explanation of the Resolve <-> Premiere roundtrip workflow you can point me to?

I REALLY don't want to totally dump all the work my friend did or open this bag of worms back up (after he had the project for 3 months), and I'd really like to understand this process for future.

In Gratitude,

R.W.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]