FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve to Priemere Pro CS6 XML issues

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Campbell
Resolve to Priemere Pro CS6 XML issues
on Jan 21, 2015 at 9:09:53 pm

Hello all, I'm having a problem with the XML that Resolve is spitting out. I'm working with ProRes 422 material, correcting and grading in DR, then rendering out the same thing with new clip suffixes. When that XML is imported back into Premiere Pro for final conform, the sequence it creates is Sony XDCAM HD 1080p but frame size is only 720x480 (image 1 below). So my work around has been to create a new sequence at 1920x1080 23.976 ProRes 422 (image 2 below), copy and paste the rendered clips from the Sony SD sequence into that new sequence and viola...no problems.

My question is, why is Resolve creating an XML with those SD settings? Or maybe the question is why is PP interpreting the XML as SD that way? Again, the actual rendered clips are ProRes 422 1080p, its just the XML that's wrong.

Also, with our other editors workstation, same workflow, those ProRes clips when copied into a new ProRes sequence are showing a red render bar. Which makes zero sense since all the source clips and sequence settings match. There should be no render bar.

Any thoughts on either of these scenarios?

OSX 10.7.5 with a 3.39 Ghz Intel Core i7 on a built up Hackintosh
16 GB of RAM with OSX on SSD, (2) internal HDDs RAID'd 1 for project files and External RAID 5 for all project assets (media, GFX, stills, etc.)
BMD Decklink Studio 2, FSI BM210, KRK Rokit 5s, Mackie 802

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
Re: Resolve to Priemere Pro CS6 XML issues
on Jan 28, 2015 at 3:45:34 pm

No thoughts out there on this one? Its easy to change the settings, but I thought with XML, you shouldn't have to!

iMac 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7
16 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB
External RAID 5 in T-Bolt Chasis using eSata
BMD Decklink Studio 2, FSI BM210, KRK Rokit 5s, Mackie 802

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]