FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble conforming Sony's F55 MXF to Resolve - multiple files creating a single clip

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pedro Saboya Burgos
Trouble conforming Sony's F55 MXF to Resolve - multiple files creating a single clip
on Jan 21, 2015 at 3:32:52 pm

Hi, I've searched a LOT for this throughout google and Creative Cow and didn't find a way. So I might be missing something obvious.

I've received some RAW mxf from a Sony MXF camera. It was edited in FCP7 with proxies.

It seems like Sony's file structures breaks down it's RAW clips into 2'14" .mxf files. Resolve (and according to the assistant editor, also Sony's software) reads each .mxf file as separate clip, and not part of an single clip (unlike the proxies created).

So I can't connect the MXF to the proxie-generated XML, since the MFX differs from the proxies in TC and duration (and even naming… since each clip contains the proxies name plus a numeral… 000, 001, 002…

Is there a way I can fix this, maybe telling resolve which files should be part of a single clip?

Pedro Saboya Burgos
Colorist

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Trouble conforming Sony's F55 MXF to Resolve - multiple files creating a single clip
on Jan 21, 2015 at 6:56:38 pm

[Pedro Saboya Burgos] "Is there a way I can fix this,"

Some users have had some luck with spanned clips re-connecting if the entire folder is brought into the Media browser...

If you sort by source time code, you may also see the sequential spanned files so that even if they don't re-connect, you might be able to re-splice them back together on the edit timeline.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Clark Bierbaum
Re: Trouble conforming Sony's F55 MXF to Resolve - multiple files creating a single clip
on Jan 30, 2015 at 12:44:05 am

Same problem yesterday with Sony PXW-FS7. BM, please work on this - "spanned clips"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]