FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio channelization...

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathon Lee
Audio channelization...
on Jan 15, 2015 at 8:28:36 pm

Hey Folks,

Does any one know a way in Resolve to output discrete audio channels rather then surround groups? I'm trying to make some deliverables that have 8 discrete channels. Resolve is making the audio into in interleaved 7.1 audio track. I know that this can be reassigned in QT Player Pro as a single track, but as discrete ID tags, however, some apps will crash on import or simply ignore the audio.

For instance, Pro Tools does not like the interleaved audio. Digital Rapids also does not like the audio in this format. The safest way is to output as ALL individual mono, discrete sound tracks for a QT, not the interleaved style.

I would appreciate any guidance here. Currently, I have to two step the audio after the Resolve output. I think this issue may have been brought up previously, but I could not find a resolution.

I'm on OS X, Resolve 11 (current as of 1/15/15).

thanks,

Jonathon

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Audio channelization...
on Jan 20, 2015 at 3:15:16 pm

This comes up every now and then. If you do a search for Resolve audio channels, you'll see some posts.

Last time I worked with audio like that, I had to select each clip in my media pool, and assign its channels manually, through the clip properties- audio tab.

Resolve sees 6 audio channels and assumes it is 5.1, so that is what it assigns it. Doesn't seem to be a "don't do this" button anywhere.

8 channels may become 7.1...not sure about that, but same issue, you have to manually tell resolve what your audio source is, on a per clip basis.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]