FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci workflow question... Can timeline be used as a clip to conform to?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronnie Shatto
Davinci workflow question... Can timeline be used as a clip to conform to?
on Jan 12, 2015 at 10:53:52 pm

Hello everybody,

My basic question is can a timeline in Davinci be used like a raw file and conformed with?

Here is my workflow...

We shot a round table discussion over the course of a day. The cameras we used were 5 canon xf305s, a sony ex1 and a 5d mark ii. The canons record in small continuos files. (This might've been my first mistake) when I bought them in the different sections of the interview were split over different cards and folders. What lined up in one camera would be in a different folder on another camera. Also every folder I was given (a folder with all a cam, b folder with back) had similarly named clips. They were all AA0001, AA0002, etc. Not sure if a professional dit would've offloaded cards differently or what or if the cards should be offloaded at every break. I had to build strings so I could multicam the interviews properly. I ended up with 7 sequences for each part of the discussion. I Exported each timeline with a starting time code that matched the first clip in that sequence and I added time code for the dslr. I got everything into the avid and it worked perfectly.

Now onto my question. My intentions were to reexport mxf strings to replace the dnx36. I work this way usually but on smaller scale projects and after exporting 40 hours of footage I'm not too interested in doing that again. At the very least I know this will work but I want to hopefully get a workflow that will relink the offline cuts to the timelines I made in Resolve with the raw camera media.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]