FORUMS: list search recent posts

reference monitor

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beth Cramer
reference monitor
on Jan 10, 2015 at 12:41:25 pm

I have searched for someone to post color values for the Panasonic Plasma TC-P50U50 after being calibrated using a Spyder or such.

I don't have a proper reference monitor and have to use this and/or my apple cinema display to cc spots for broadcast and on Madison Square Garden's Daktronics LED display that's in the arena.

I would love to have a flanders, but right now please please please if anyone has ever used the panasonic plasma as a reference monitor and has custom values for picture (color, contrast etc.) please share.

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: reference monitor
on Jan 10, 2015 at 5:20:28 pm

Why not get Eizo CG series 24" and rent LigthSpace for calibration?

Would get you further in precision with lot less effort.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Resolve 11
BMC 2,5k

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Jan 10, 2015 at 5:57:03 pm

Yes, I second that , that is what we are using...

A slice of color...

Resolve 11.1.2 - Smoke 2015 - Sapphire 8
Colorist / VFX Guru / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Jan 10, 2015 at 7:08:31 pm

[Beth Cramer] "Madison Square Garden's Daktronics LED display that's in the arena."

How do you know MSG's scoreboard characterization won't be different? What you might really be looking for is a monitor "match" and then generate a LUT to output for the venue. it would involve a somewhat similar approach, except you would need to get a read on the big board and then match to it.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Clark Bierbaum
on Jan 10, 2015 at 8:54:31 pm

Venue color grading! Did a spot for the new baseball stadium here in Charlotte, think the screen was set on 150% chroma, tried to talk with the stadium folks about what the gamma / color space was to no avail. Trimmed chroma way down and it was ok. Sometimes close is all you can ask for!

Return to posts index

Beth Cramer
on Jan 11, 2015 at 12:51:06 am

Thanks for the input. I'm not a colorist, so this is all a crash course. Seems like I better invest in a broadcast monitor and do some tests on the MSG board. First time I've ever had to color correct my own edits for air so hope it's all legal!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]