FCPX subclips conforming / reels / remote grades

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kilian Hirt
FCPX subclips conforming / reels / remote grades
on Jan 8, 2015 at 1:02:38 pm

Hey guys,
from my research I know it does not look good:

I received a project XML from FCPX 10.1. Unfortunately the editor has been using subclips throughout. All media are linked, but the clips have no reels.

Is there any way of assigning a reel to those clips so that working with remote edits would work? Is there another workaround for this?

I know it does not make a lot of sense as there is no physical file/reference for those clips. But it would help me a lot so I am kind of desperate for a solution.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Simon Blackledge
Re: FCPX subclips conforming / reels / remote grades
on Jan 8, 2015 at 5:01:48 pm

If all media is linked in Resolve whats the issue?

Doesn't matter if they have reels or not if they are working and linked.

If they aren't linked after importing the XML as your editor is not attached to same storage as you but you have the same media just select your clips in Media Pool that the XML import populated and right click >Change source folder to reconnect to correct location.

Or - Create a folder under /Master in media pool and name it XML_MEDIA and drag the unlinked clips into that.
Create a new folder in media pool called LOCAL_MEDIA - add all your media you have on you local disks

Then reconform the timeline in EDIT page from that folder rather than the unlinked media pool files the XML imported

Chk the manual for reconform from folder options

s

Return to posts index

Kilian Hirt
on Jan 9, 2015 at 8:26:21 am

Hi Simon,
thanks for your answer.

I hope I did get you right - all the media is available to me without problem. But although Resolve finds the files for processing it still has limited options as there is no 1:1 connection from Subclip to a physical file. This results in the lacking possibility to assign a reel and therefore a remote grade to those subclips.

This also dismisses a workaround via folders as the subclips donĀ“t reside in a folder on the harddrive.

Cheers,
Kilian

Return to posts index

Kilian Hirt
on Jan 12, 2015 at 9:02:24 am

hm.. not so much feedback-

No workaround, not possible I guess!?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]