FORUMS: list search recent posts

Viewing a 4K Timeline in 1080 With Mini Monitor

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Ober
Viewing a 4K Timeline in 1080 With Mini Monitor
on Dec 24, 2014 at 2:48:23 am

Hey Folks,

I have Resolve Software (dumb name, why not Resolve Full or something) 11.1.2 and the latest or close to the latest Desktop Video. I am trying to playback a 4k(not UHD) Sony RAW timeline. I have the video monitoring set to 1080 but the image on my external monitor is zoomed in and I do not see the full image. It does playback correctly in the latest update to Catalyst Browse.

Any magic button to press?

Y'all have some Holiday Goodness,
Robert

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
Re: Viewing a 4K Timeline in 1080 With Mini Monitor
on Dec 24, 2014 at 5:18:47 am

Check how scaling is set in project settings

http://www.filmandtvcolor.com | colorist | Los Angeles, CA

Twitter: @4kfinish

Return to posts index

Adam Berk
on Dec 24, 2014 at 10:23:23 am

Go to your project settings. Image scaling. Set output scaling to HD and your preferred fit method (default is to match timeline settings). Make sure you go back and change this before you render or explicitly set ure render res or set to "render at source res" otherwise your renders will be HD.

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Dec 24, 2014 at 2:32:29 pm

Alternatively, create a new node and go to the SIZING pane. Make a preset that scales the view to HD. The external viewer will now fill the screen properly. The internal view window will not fill the monitor window, but, you can zoom into the image with a thumbwheel. Just be sure to tick "Force to source resolution" before you render.

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Dec 24, 2014 at 4:53:31 pm

[Bill Ravens] "Alternatively, create a new node and go to the SIZING pane. Make a preset that scales the view to HD. The external viewer will now fill the screen properly. The internal view window will not fill the monitor window, but, you can zoom into the image with a thumbwheel. Just be sure to tick "Force to source resolution" before you render."

Thanks for the replies Gents. I was hoping not to have to do something that would potentially muck up my output. I suppose I could do some trial runs to get in the habit of Force...

Hope y'all have some fun,
Robert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]