FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding ungraded clips over "finished" project

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Laun
Adding ungraded clips over "finished" project
on Dec 19, 2014 at 12:39:25 pm

Hi guys,

I'm about to start editing and grading my first big project filmed with the BMCC. I'm using Premiere CS6 and Resolve 10. So far so good.

I'm planning on shooting some extra material with GoPros and handheld camcorders which I will be adding in Premiere after the BMCC stuff is finished.

Now what would be the best way to do this ? If I already graded my bmcc material and re-exported it to Premiere and then add my additional clips.. How can I grade them in relation to the already finished main stuff ?

THX in advance! ;) David

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Adding ungraded clips over "finished" project
on Dec 19, 2014 at 5:06:38 pm

One approach might be to revise a duplicate timeline, with the new material on a higher priority layer, V2 or above, depending on what your current structure looks like.

Pull that into Resolve and grade away on the new material. Or, create another sequence/timeline and copy/paste the new material. The higher-layer approach would lend itself to simply shutting off the lower layers for the updated render pass, would then be round-tripped back into Premiere. Depending on whether the overlay is re-edited into the main timeline in Resolve or not, you are either done at that point or reserving the updates until you are back in the NLE.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]