FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid round trip - MXF op atom error

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Willis
Avid round trip - MXF op atom error
on Dec 11, 2014 at 6:57:04 pm

Hi folks,

I have finished grading 5 of 6 episodes in a series using the AAF Round trip with no issues. Episode 6 won't go back into avid.

When dropped into avid's structure, avid sees the files and brings up and error about the MXF not being op atom. Obviously they should be this format and it has worked with no issues before. If I render from another project and do the same, no problems.

I know avid is an issue here but resolve seems to be rendering incorrectly, it should create compatible files. Short of trying to render on another machine, what can I do? Episode overdue and many people unhappy at this stage!

If I render as any other format avid won't take it, will it? I'm not onlining it and no avid expert but I'm trying to fix the issue myself as what I'm sending them is failing.

Any help much appreciated.

Paul

Resolve lite 11 (latest)
MacPro, Mavericks.

Apologies for sketchy specs, away from machine right now.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Avid round trip - MXF op atom error
on Dec 14, 2014 at 4:11:56 pm

Have you upgraded since episode 5?
I ask because someone on another forum got the same error code.

Maybe try building your MxF output setting from scratch?

I personally haven't output an MXF since my last upgrade.

You could in a crunch output a quicktime and bring that into avid.
If you need individual shots, you can load the aaf into avid and get it to divide up your quicktime.

If you need handles, you can export individual quicktimes...that would be a bear to put back together in AVID.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Eric Sternberger
on Dec 15, 2014 at 10:05:58 am

I have the same problem. op mfx-files created in resolve are somehow corrupted. Avid or Sony Content-Browser will not load them.
there was a previous posting about this...

Return to posts index

Paul Willis
on Dec 15, 2014 at 12:22:58 pm

Solved... sort of...

If I just set the preset to 'none' and set up an MXF render with identical settings myself, it works. It doesn't work using the round trip preset, despite settings being identical. This is only an issue on this one project so it's very strange, but it seems to be a bug and it happened on several machines but only on this one project. Not updated or changed anything else.

Anyway, there's the work around if anyone needs it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]