FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dongle question

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew sableton
Dongle question
on Dec 9, 2014 at 7:22:45 pm

Hi All,

I am currently running Davinci Resolve 9 Lite. I may need to upgrade to Davinci Resolve 9 full version. If I purchase a dongle with the Resolve 11 software disk, and connect it to my mac with Resolve 9 Lite on it, will Resolve 9 Lite operate as the full version? If not, how do I upgrade to Resolve 9 (full version) (for a number of reasons I need to stay on version 9 for now)….

Thx
Andrew S

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Dongle question
on Dec 10, 2014 at 12:10:04 am

[andrew sableton] "If I purchase a dongle with the Resolve 11 software disk, and connect it to my mac with Resolve 9 Lite on it, will Resolve 9 Lite operate as the full version? "

No, you'd need to download the v9 full version installer. Don't know if this is on the website or not.

[andrew sableton] "If not, how do I upgrade to Resolve 9 (full version) (for a number of reasons I need to stay on version 9 for now)"

The new dongle will still work with version 9... you just need the installer.

Out of curiosity, what's the reason for not wanting to ugrade?

http://JuanSalvo.com
http://theColourSpace.com

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Dec 15, 2014 at 5:28:45 pm

[Juan Salvo] "Out of curiosity, what's the reason for not wanting to ugrade?"

My bet would be that the system currently running R9 won't be able to support eleven... at least on paper wrt recommended operating system and hardware configuration.

There are also some subtle changes between versions that will cause archived projects to get cranky.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Adebowale Adesuyi
on Jan 6, 2015 at 2:10:42 am

Do you by any chance still happen to have the dng for davinci resolve 9??? I cant find it ANYWHERE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]