FORUMS: list search recent posts

Footage prep via Resolve to Avid MC - Total audio fail

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Troy Williams
Footage prep via Resolve to Avid MC - Total audio fail
on Dec 6, 2014 at 3:32:21 am

Ever since Resolve 9, I would use it to prep footage from camera (Avid Alexa), auto-sync it with audio based on timecode, and then export MXFs for usage in Avid.

I sync the audio in Resolve 9, add the LUT, check that everything looks and sounds great... ...I export the timeline using AAF Round Trip... ...drop the MXFs into the mediafiles folder, load in the AAF... all nice and simple.

Fast forward to Resolve 10 (and now 11.2). A few minor things have changed regarding where to go to do what but in effect the process is the same. However, when I load the footage into Avid, it has major issues with the audio.

When I drag the AAF in, I get "Exception: CM_LABEL_NOT_UNIQUE". If I continue the import and open the timeline, I get "Exception: Sequence refers to a non-existent track in clip." If I try to play a clip, I get "SequenceMonitor::TracksFillMenu() - Incorrect number of tracks of the requested type. Num of them: 2. Should be: 3"

I've gone back and forth trying to see what's going wrong, but everything looks great in Resolve. Every track looks and sounds correct.

I had this problem on a previous film when I tried Resolve 10. I ended up dropping back to Resolve 9, figuring it was a glitch that'd be fixed eventually. Now I'm trying Resolve 11.2, but the problem still persists. Back to Resolve 9 I go, unless anyone has any thoughts on what's going wrong or what I should try.

Return to posts index

Chris Coote
Re: Footage prep via Resolve to Avid MC - Total audio fail
on Dec 8, 2014 at 3:54:06 pm

I have had this same problem. Workaround was to not use the aaf. Drag clips into a bin from the media tool.

Return to posts index

Troy Williams
on Dec 8, 2014 at 9:16:27 pm

Isn't the metadata in the AAF critical for reconnecting back to the raw footage later for conforming?

Return to posts index

Chris Coote
on Dec 8, 2014 at 11:11:22 pm

In the limited tests I have done, it seems to work. When I send an AAF back to resolve from avid, I am able to reconnect to camera originals. I always check the assist using reel names embedded in source clip option in resolve- I'm not sure if this is critical, I just read that it's a good idea once.

Return to posts index

Troy Williams
on Dec 13, 2014 at 2:02:10 am
Last Edited By Troy Williams on Dec 13, 2014 at 6:56:28 pm

So indeed, dragging in the MDB works, but there's an audio track missing.

Return to posts index

Chris Coote
on Dec 13, 2014 at 4:00:02 pm

are you dragging the mdb database file from the Avid MediaFiles folder? Try opening the media tool and dragging the clips from there into a bin.

Return to posts index

Nicole Michaelis
on Feb 1, 2015 at 10:01:05 pm

Hi - I realize this is an old post but I also just had this problem yesterday and found it was fixed by setting audio to 'SAME AS SOURCE' in the advanced render settings.

This option is only allowed when you are exporting individual clips.

Anyway, it was a lifesaver.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]